Buying a new home can be one of life’s most exciting adventures. However, it does come with a financial obligation and the ability to make repairs so it is move-in ready for your family. With buying a house, saving money can become more of a priority because you are taking on a long-term responsibility. You want to enjoy your new home and add to it all while being conscious of your home improvement budget. Iowa State Bank has money tips for you to consider as you settle into your new home this August.
Money tips for settling into your new home:
- Make sure your attic is well insulated. Come winter, you will be thankful for an insulated attic when it comes to the heating bill.
- Use smart strip plugins because they will save energy. You will save money because five electronics are using one wall plugin instead of the normal two.
- Plant shade trees around your house. They will eventually grow and provide savings in the summertime on your cooling bill.
- Take advantage of tax benefits for home improvements. There are many benefits for buying energy efficient appliances and home improvements.
- Check your windows for any leaking of air. This can be a huge cost saver on your heating and cooling bill in the long run. Leaking air can cause your systems to work harder and make the cost of your bills sky rocket.
We hope you settle into your new home well and save money while doing so. Iowa State Bank has mortgage lending services if you are looking into purchasing a new home. Check with us for the current rates and conditions. You can rest easy knowing you would be working with experienced and professional lenders who are here for all of your lending needs.