August is filled with getting the kids ready for school and warm summer vacations. Whether you are looking to be refreshed and renewed for the coming fall or the kids need a getaway, you shouldn’t have to worry about your money being safe.
Traveling during the summer can mean worrying more about getting your card number copied or overcharged due to increased travel fraud. Keeping your money safe while traveling is a priority for Iowa State Bank and we offer many services that can help you do so. We have compiled a list of tips to keep in mind while traveling anywhere the rest of the summer.
Tips for keeping your money safe while traveling:
- Get a travel card from Iowa State Bank. A travel card can be loaded with the amount of money you need, so you are not worried about having all of your money with you on a trip. It can be reloaded as you need more money.
- Protect your important documents and papers. A money pouch can be helpful while traveling because they can be concealed under clothing. Most of the time, money pouches look discrete so you do not attract attention, like a fashionable purse would
- Keep valuables at home or out of your purse. You may need to bring your nice watch or other valuables with you, but it is best practice not to keep nice items with you. Nicer clothing and jewelry can attract thieves.
- Keep a variety of ways to pay with you. Have a bit of cash as well as a credit card, so you’re not completely out of luck if something happened.
- Avoid travel scams. No matter where you travel to, there is a potential for scams of all kinds. Some of these include pickpocketers, time shares, beggars, etc.. Always be aware of what is going on around you.
Traveling is a great experience and you can keep it that way if you stay aware and ready for anything. Please contact Iowa State Bank today about a travel card for your next vacation and to let us know where you’re headed and for how long.